At WaveDirect, we're incredibly proud of our team and want to put the spotlight on these talented and hardworking individuals. We want you to meet, get to know, and understand the roles that each team member plays. It's time to put a face to WaveDirect and the people who work hard each and every day to provide unparalleled client experiences and internet connections.
For our second installment of this initiative, we “sat down” (virtually) with a member of our Client Experience Team, Kim, to ask her our burning questions about her role and her life outside of work.
1) Describe your role and what it entails:
As a Client Connectivity Advisor, I help clients with all their internet needs by scheduling installations and answering any questions they may have. We educate our clients along the way. I also help customers with payments and inquiries about our services.
2) What is the coolest part of your job?
Speaking to many customers throughout the day and assisting them. It’s a great feeling when customers call to let us know we’ve done an amazing job.
3) What is the most challenging part of your job?
Rejection although, we have all learned how to overcome this with the awesome training and support by our management team.
4) What is one thing you wish people knew about your profession?
That every day is an interview process. Be prepared for new and sometimes challenging questions.
5) If someone were interested in creating a pathway to work in your profession what would you tell them? What past experiences/opportunities/schooling helped prepare you for your role?
Patience and a listening ear. A lot of times a customer will call in as they are experiencing issues with a current provider and are in need of a new service. Be prepared. Be thorough.
6) Describe WaveDirect in three words:
Connected, Motivating, Rewarding
7) Tell us about a fond memory you have from your time at WaveDirect:
Our staff Christmas parties and the present-stealing games. One year all the techy guys on our team had a blast “stealing” the Star Wars gifts. Lots of great laughs.
8) What is the best career advice someone ever gave you?
Follow your dreams and always look forward to the future.
9) In your opinion, what makes a great leader?
A great leader is someone who has integrity, communication, and empathy.
10) What does “connection” mean to you?
To me, connection means – something that joins or connects two or more things. It can also mean a relationship between two people.
11) What is your favourite pastime/hobby?
Using my shiny new cricut machine and going for walks in the park, mainly Point Pelee.
12) Who/what inspires you?
My mother inspires me. If I am half the woman she is, I know I have and will succeed.
13) What is your favourite movie or TV show?
Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and PD. The Good Doctor.
14) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a teacher.
15) What is your favourite thing to use the internet for?
I like to scroll through social media. I also enjoy searching for new recipes.
16) What is your #1 travel spot on your bucket list?
Well, it was Cape Breton NS, but I finally was able to take that off my bucket list twice. Definitely will be back! Next, would be somewhere tropical if I can talk my hubby into flying to get there, lol.
17) If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
Build a brand-new home and a vacation somewhere tropical.
18) What is the coolest thing you own?
My cricut. So many different things to create. The possibilities are endless.
19) What is your favourite tech. gadget, item, software, .. etc.?
My hubby would tell you I love my phone. I do…but my favourite would be my Echo Show.
20) Go back in time and give yourself a piece of advice:
That my Mother was Always Right!
21) What are you most looking forward to in 2021?
To spend quality time with family and friends, covid free. (Fingers crossed) Family gatherings with summer BBQ’s and campfires.
We want to take this moment to thank Kim for her time, and for sharing details of her work and personal life with us. Thank you, Kim! We are lucky to have you on the WaveDirect team.