Careers At WaveDirect Telecommunication
Everyone has a career dream. At WaveDirect, our mission is to:
Help everyone get connected. With the best rural internet technology
available we have a large network of towers that is growing in everyday.
We work hard at informing and helping people realize dreams because when people are
inspired in their career and life, they seem to excel.
We started out as a small company and today we celebrate being in business
over ten years and across 3 different countries. If you are looking for a creative
challenging career in technology drop off a resume at WaveDirect.
Job Description: Operations Manager
Location: WaveDirect Telecommunications (Texas Branch)
Reports to: CEO
Job Title: Operations Manager
Effective Date: August 14, 2017
Operations Manager is a senior role which involves overseeing the production of goods and/or provision of services. It’s the operations manager's job to make sure the organization is running as well as it possibly can, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers and clients. They will be responsible for day-to-day operations, managing the organization’s HR, helping to monitor organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the CEO and the General Manager, reporting to the CEO and serving as a member of the management team. This position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s operations functions. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordination and Supervision
-Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
- Best Practices
-Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Implement current departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources
– Assist in recruitment and placement of required staff; establishment of organizational structure; delegation of tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance in partnership with the management team. Must ensure the front desk is staffed at all times.
- Monitor, organize and report operations information to the CEO and the management team
- Delivery strong, positive updates to staff on new policies and procedures.
- Strategic Input
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Risk Management
-Oversee organizational insurance policies. Ensure health and Safety committee meetings are held and tasks assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Labour Management, Business, or HR from a recognized institution or five years of related work experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Management
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Commitment to continued learning and interest in technology both current and future
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, and billing software
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Preference given for experience in computer technology and networking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excels at operating in a community environment
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to handle conflict resolution
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- Standard hours of work.
- This position requires work outside the office environment.
- Use of a personal vehicle may be required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
- Ability to speak Low German and/or Spanish is an asset
This position will be based out of 283 US Hwy 385 South Seminole, TX.
This is a full time (40 hours per week) position. Salary and benefits to be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
Approved by: Human Resources
Date approved: July 17, 2017
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org